How do you satisfy a sweet tooth without regretting your decision for the rest of the week? People all over have been going nuts over this recipe calling it ‘super-food fudge’. Unlike other low-calorie desserts, it does not contain artificial sweeteners or refined sugars.
This is a great dessert that will reduce your sugar cravings, boost protective antioxidants, and balance your blood sugar.
Here is the list of ingredients you will need.
- 3/4 cup organic canned coconut milk
- 1 bar (3-5 oz. bar works well) of bakers unsweetened chocolate
- 4-5 tablespoons of organic peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
- 3/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup whole raw almonds or other nuts
- 1/3 cup raw chopped pecans
- 1 scoop or about 25 gms of your favorite protein powder
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds, hemp seeds, and/or flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A little natural stevia powder to sweeten
- add a small touch of real maple syrup
Start by adding the coconut milk and vanilla extract in a small saucepan on very low heat. Break up the extra dark chocolate bar into chunks and add into the pot. Add the nut butter and the stevia, and continuously stir until it all melts together into a smooth mixture. Then add the raisins, almonds, wheat germ, and rice bran and stir until fully blended. Spoon/pour the fudge mixture onto some waxed paper in a dish and place in the fridge until it cools and solidifies. Place in a closed container or cover with foil in fridge to prevent it from drying out.